Need Christmas gift ideas for a foodie? Or do you want a tasty after-dinner treat for your guests? We have this incredibly simple Christmas Chocolate Puddle recipe that would be perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth!
- 400g dark chocolate
- Orange zest and ginger
- Chopped hazelnuts and raisins
- Mini fudge cubes and honeycomb
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- White chocolate chips
- Lemon zest and almond flakes
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped cranberries and seeds
- Small pieces of gold leaf
- Prepare your toppings.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie by placing a glass or metal mixing bowl into a saucepan of simmering water. Break up the chocolate and place into the bowl.
- While the chocolate is melting lay out small sheets of greaseproof paper onto baking trays.
- Once the chocolate is nice and runny, use a tablespoon to place small dollops onto the greaseproof paper. Use the back of the spoon to make the puddles flat and rounded.
- We found it was best to make 5 or so puddles, return the chocolate to the bain-marie and then add the toppings to the formed puddles so that the chocolate remains a good consistency to work with.
- Once all the puddles have been made and have their toppings, place in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Once set you can put them in cellophane bags to give as a cute gift or put them onto festive plates and serve to your party guests!